I’ve spent just about every spare minute working on this.
As of this morning I have one section left to embroider, and the big section to bead. But the more I look at it, the less I like the purple beads. I may yank them and replace them all with orange. Maybe. I’m not sure. I’m not real thrilled by any specific thing right now.
Close up pics, section by section:
Love these little guys. Fred & Larry (that’s what they told me their names were, I was like, no vampy names? nope, Fred & Larry. *whatever*) Moon is a cable stitch done in Oops Dinky Dyes silk, it doesn’t show in the pic but there is some lovely variegation to the thread. The bats are backstitched in #4 Krenik 012 purple with Mill Hills for eyes. Fred & Larry also told me they wanted fangs. So fangs they got (along with smiles) done in #4 032.
Next up daisies:
Just lazy daisies in 3 random Oops silks with a cluster of 3 french knots in the center of each flower. ‘Cause even witches like pretty flowers.
Grrr another blurry pic. First off ignore the white arches you see on the fabric, those will be disappearing. The support webbing is #4 032 and the web lines between, are a single strand of #032 BF couching the #4. Pain in my ass.
Close up of Mr. Spider (no first name given)
His legs (all 8) are backstitched with 1 strand #5 310 perle cotton. His body is two black pom poms and his 8 little eyes (not all shown in pic) are 2 sizes of Mill Hill black beads. I tried for a bit of realism here, I’m thinking that next time maybe red or orange eyes would be better. Alas he is fangless. I can’t stick fangs on every creature I stitch. That would be silly. 😉 At least in this picture you can see a bit of the sparkle on the webbing. It’s actually very spiffy in person.
Potions & Spells:
Love love love this turquoise silk (another Oops silk). The lettering on the patch is stem stitch the inner border a threaded backstitch and he saw tooth is backstitched with more Oops silk, this is the same color I used for the french knots on the the lavender flower. And little citron Mill Hills in the corners. The Certified Spooky seal is done with a single strand of Rainbow Gallery Petite Treasure Braid PB01. The borders are done with a chain stitch and the lettering in more backstitch.
I have one more flower to embroider (but I’m having issues with getting the pattern to transfer on that fabric), the beading or something on the gold dot fabric and all the joining stitches to do over the seams. I’d say I’m about 60% done with the embellishing. After that one afternoon should be enough for all the finishing work. Depending how much of a pain joining the cone and brim turns out to be.