My kit for Bluebeard’s Princess arrived yesterdy afternoon and I started stitching right after dinner.
That’s the entire kit, nothing missing. The fabric is a Cashel Solo from Silkweaver. (the ugly one that I want another one just like it)
One evening of stitching:
I started with the crowned waves (top center). So far I’ve used 3 of the 4 silks (no Umbria yet), 1 braid – the #002HL and have skipped about 30 beads. I do bead as I go, but only after the section is stitched.
I also finished finishing the “Tail Box” from the Mira RR.
This is Emerald Mermaid’s tail.
Here it is open.
And showing the back side of the lid.
Couple of things. I have having a complete bitch of a time with the finishing because:
1. I don’t have much of a margin to work with once the pieces are cut out from the larger piece of linen. I have sewn muslin onto the edges to give me some room, but that isn’t fixing all the issues.
2. I picked the wrong fabric for finishing. I am going to have to go back to the fabric store and re-buy for the 4 remaining projects. I can not face doing anymore finishing with this silky rayon shit.
Ivy as a pinkeep.
Hmmm… color not showing so well. This is a lovely mint green (lovely expect being that rayon shit). I pinned and glued the hell out of that trim. It is going no-where. I suspect that the pins might not be removable. This is a “look-at” pinkeep. The pics aren’t doing this one justice, she is very lovely in person.
Hopefully I’ll get back at BBP this evening, but after dealing with this finishing… I may just get drunk instead.