From the laundry and sewing. Since last blog I’ve managed to get a bit done:
November’s block is done! I stitched this up while watching Charlie Wilson’s War, Shooter (what a turd!), and 30 Days of Night last night. One more block and this bad boy is done! Except for the buttons, but I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.
This morning/afternoon between loads of laundry I added the borders to the Christmas quilt.
Even with one border it is starting to pop!
Both borders, TA DA! Ok, a few things. I did make one mistake and put the same fabric in the same color way up against itself. And I need to plan the blocks better over all. The way I have arranged the squares up against the rectangles is not good. In more than a couple of places I’ve lost the “trail effect” the rectangles are supposed to produce. But I do like it in general. I think it’s a cheerful very Christmasy quilt and that is what I wanted. Hopefully by the end of Monday I can have it 100% complet. I’ll be turning & tieing it the way I did with the Halloween quilt.