Dh hit an auction today and came home with a few things. That big jar in back? That was filled to the top. I spent some time sorting and put them in little jars by color. How OCD of me…
These came out of box lot. Along with a bunch of souvenir thimbles too. But the usuable ones are the ones that interest me.
This is a needle holder. At least that’s what the tag reads.
There’s a hole in top of the lid. I think you could shake a needle out of it… That or it’s broken. Anyway it’s a pretty little thing (about 4 inches tall).
More progress on HoHRH:
Recharted with my name. After much fussing the only way I could make it work was to stitch the 2009 over one. Which I suppose is ok. Tons of antique samplers have things just crammed in where ever they’ll fit, so it’s an homage to those. Not sloppiness on my part. heh
Now the start of BHQ (Baltimore Halloween Quilt)
What? You’re not impressed? That’s an 11-1/2″ square piece of fabric I cut. I had the best of intentions about this today. I went to the LQS and bough more 100 weight silk for appliqueing. Just to be 100% sure I had the perfect color. The monkey wrench was (once again) my POS printer. I have 4 printers in this house. One is a laserjet which is a big no-no when it comes to printing the applique pattern on freezer paper. One ink jet doesn’t work (doesn’t have enough memory). One isn’t hooked up. And the 4th little piggy, the one that worked a month ago doing a test pattern worked fine. But today it has decided it has a bad print head. I know that’s not true. I know it’s fucking with me. What it doesn’t know is that I’m going to go buy a baseball bat tomorrow and go all Office Space on it.