to a finish on BBP. I know I haven’t posted in a couple of days, but I didn’t spend tons and tons of time stitching on her. The tail finished really fast. I hope I can say the same for the seahorses.
And look! The curve of the tail matches up. I know, I’m shocked I got it right too. Believe me I was very very happy last night when that curve matched and I hadn’t made any counting mistakes.
I love her tail so very much.
I can’t help myself, I keep petting the silks and braids and beads.
In other news, some of the last stash ordered before the 50PC (50 project challenge) started arrived. My first 4 (2 months worth, I was a late addition to the BOM – block of the month – club) ships arrived.
Month one has the Pirate Ship – I could quit now. lol I pulled out the instructions for blocks 1 & 2. Ummm… I am definitely going to have to complete both of my other applique quilts first. This is most certainly not for beginners. And I still have to buy the background fabric for it too (it doesn’t come with the kit – which is good in two ways; it keeps the start up cost down & you get to pick any color you want for the background.) I’m most likely going to use the recommended Khaki Kona cotton – but it is nice to have the choice. I’m not even going to think about the background fabric until my two other applique quilts are complete. Which should be around 2020 or so – give or take 5 years.