of embroidery later, panel one of Over The River is complete!
See? Tape measure and everything to prove it.
And a better shot of the panel.
Never mind that it was nearly 90 degrees in Houston today. It still looks a bit messy because the basting lines still need to be pulled out and I need to go over it with a damp towel to remove any stray red chalk tracings before I iron it. Heat will set the chalk and we don’t want that.
Today I also worked on my Mirabilia Round Robin.
Creative = messy in Missy world. I accomplished two things today, one my idea will work (at least I’m 90% sure) and I figured out my block size; which will be 30w x 80h. Make that 3, I picked out the border for each block. More on that later, once I’m sure it’ll work.
I’m torn on what to work on next. I’m going to spend some time on the baby quilt tomorrow, I’m sewing the rows together now. And I’ll finish 1 part of my Just Nan exchange. But as for stitching I’m thinking…
1. Wedding Row, not started but the wedding is the first week of September.
2. Winter Rose from L&L, Christmas gift that I’m itching to start.
3. Salem Sisters, singing to me from the closet. Likely because it won’t take tons of time to finish them. And I hate to ignore projects when they sing.
4. HoHRH, yes May is complete but June is the midnight block. That entire block is completely filled with stitching and is going to take a lot of hours.
5. Mirabilia RR, due for mailing June 15th.
Hmmm what to do, what to do?
Oh and I’m totally counting that OTR panel as a finish in the challenge. 36 inches of hand embroidery?! Damn right it counts.