My squee moment for yesterday:
Nice huh? Makes me want to stitch it again for myself rightthisminute. I’ll call Jill this morning and make sure she’s the right billing info (why do CC companies have to change your card # when they send you a renewed card?).
And I finished Part 3 of Caribbean yesterday afternoon!
At least it sparkles in this picture a bit.
Oh look another flamingo & a flower too. I have to say the flamingo medallions go quick. I think they were taking me about 2-3 hours to stitch.
This flower. One, I don’t really like the light pink (Frangipani Waterlilies) it’s so pale – it looks like nothing to me. Two, chart issues. The flower is made of two symbols; a colored in square & 3 diagonal lines. Here’s the issue, on the key for the chart there are two symbols that are colored in squares, the only difference is one is slightly larger than the other. and the 3 diagonal lines, again there are two of those, the difference being the thickness of the lines. And! if you use the incorrect symbols you’d end up with a blue flower. Granted if you use the color chart this likely would be a non-issue. But I hate color charts! I don’t print them out for the overwhelming majority of the parts, on Caribbean my only exception has been for part 5 because it is the only way to figure out the backstitching under the flamingo’s nest. What also saved me from having a blue flower was all the completed part 3 I have seen. Although I have seen one where the stitcher used 1 pink & 1 blue to stitch the flower. And after all of this – I wish I had stitched it with the blues (don’t even think it, I am not frogging it and re-doing).
Anyway, I started on part 4 (the starfish border) last night. So far that’s going very well. 🙂 I’ll be stitching the east & west sections, then the south and lastly the north. Then! I get to part 5 & the big flamingos. I’m stitching it this this order to try to keep the rolling of the scroll frame to a minimum (I had adjusting, it always ends with a pair of pliers and a spike to my blood pressure).