Remember how I stitched Salem Sisters with 1 over two? Well Cast Your Spells was supposed to be stitched that way too. Of course I did it my way, 2 over 2.
(Thank you again Michelle for loaning me the chart.) Cast Your Spells by Stacy Nash Primitives 2 over 2 DMC on the last bit of that splotchy linen Stacy gave me. (Thank you again too.) I’m not 100% sure how I’m going to finish this. I love the chart suggestion of a pincushion, but I’m kicking around the idea of a flat fold. I have a Really Great Idea for embellishing it. But knowing me, it’ll stay a great idea and this will languish in my finished projects box and do nothing. And I still need to age it. Last year I bought some Distress It and now I finally have a chance to use it. When that gets done I’ll post a follow up picture.
And from the voices in my head wouldn’t leave me alone file… I went back over the clouds on part 6 of Caribbean. It was bugging me, and that’s a sign that I wouldn’t be able to live with it. And the last thing I want is to invest big $$ in materials & framing not to mention the stitching time and every time I look at it be bothered by the clouds (or lack thereof) on it.
I left the Frangipani in so I wouldn’t have to re-count the clouds as a base for the Wisper (one strand, half cross) and to make sure that the Wisper had plenty of heft to it. I think the combination worked well. You can barely see the silk in person, but it is there adding the slightest tinge of color to the fluffy Wisper. That and the Wisper totally kicks ass as a cloud thread IMHO.
Don’t know what I’m going to work on next. Caribbean is still calling my name (I’m going to skip ahead to part 8, that way it’ll minimize how much I have to move it on the scroll bars). I know Shakespeare’s Fairies would like some time. But it’s Halloween that’s calling my name right now. I’m dreaming about Zombies and itching to start decorating, and everything Halloween in my stash is begging to be stitched. And I do have two exchanges coming due next month…