I haven’t been doing much and I haven’t been in the mood to do much. Barely stitched last week, I have been doing a bit of reading & watching some rented movies – but in general I have been a waste of space.
Some good stuff did happen. Marie lives just 20 minutes or so from me and she kindly invited me over for an afternoon of stitching and lunch. Like she said we didn’t get much stitching done but it was a wonderful visit. And OMG you should see all the beautiful stitching she has in her house. She’s working on a lovely sampler wall and all the smalls from exchanges – knock your socks off. I did start my HAED Sea of Roses with Marie’s two darling dogs keeping me warm (it’s cold here in Houston – below 40! lol). *sigh* I spent part of my wasted week browsing PetFinder – no! I’m trying to be a good girl. I do not need a dog…
Ooooo blurry picture. I had HAED remove the background & I’m stitching 1 over 1 on 25ct. Lugana. I think the color is Cherub Pink. Right now I’m kinda enjoying it, kinda not. I think once I get to solidly stitched areas, those 3 left side blocks are complete I think I’ll enjoy it more. Right now it’s too much starting and stopping.
HoHRH is washed, ironed and awaiting shipping. For the past week. *sigh* Unmotivated, that’s me.
But gosh, doesn’t she look pretty all washed and pressed?
Old news, a month ago I shipped off my Fair & Square Christmas squares. I haven’t heard a thing from my partner. *sigh* The 21st will mark the 1 month past due mark. At that time I will call her out publicly. Right now I’ll just share what I stitched.
I ended up liking this a lot more than I thought I would. It’s not really my style, but I was making these for a partner and not myself. And she said no cutesy animals, no religion, likes geometrics, overdye silk, & purple/green. The design is from November’s Gift of Stitching by Ink Circles. The overdye is another winner from a Dinky Dyes Oops pack. I filled it in with 3865 DMC. And it stitched fast. IIRC I started and finished it all in one day.
Yesterday I frogged out the verse on ATS.
It has always been my intention to include motifs along side my verse. I had originally thought that stitching the verse left justified with motifs on the right would work. Unfortunately after the verse was in I became less convinced. What changed my mind was looking at pictures of finished ATS. When you look at it let your eyes go unfocused so that you see the whole and not the elements so much, you see that the alphabet area (my verse now) is lines of red reaching border to border. Looking at the rest of the piece you see how balanced left & right the design is. If something happens on the left, it happens on the right. Now my verse did not reach border to border & putting motifs only on one side… it was going to FAIL. Badly. I’ve become convinced that leaving the verse as is with motifs on the right will ruin the balance of the entire design. So, out came the verse. Next Sunday the (same) verse will go back in centered. And from there I’ll add balanced motifs and then I can move on.
And that’s about it. Pitiful progress which mostly consists of frogging. If you can call frogging progress. lol